Monday, December 7, 2009

...the way things change.

Well my friends, 11 months can bring a lot of changes. Has it really been almost a year since my last post? wow.

Some highlights to catch you up to speed:
  • I am still married to the love of my life. Marriage is not always easy, but it's always worth the battle.
  • I am officially an aunt! actually, I awarded myself the title of "best aunt ever."
  • I got promoted to Operations Manager.. then I got laid off :)
  • and probably the most drastic change of them all:

In two days, Josh and I will uproot our comfortable lives in North Carolina and travel 1600 miles with nothing but our bed and a few boxes, to our new home in... (drum roll, please.)

DENVER, COLORADO!!

Oh my lands. We are really doing it. It all started with a conversation between Joshua and I that went a little something like this:

"If you could pick one place to live- anywhere- where would you choose?"
"Colorado!"
"Me too."
"Wish it could happen..."
"Me too."
"Is there any reason it can't happen?!"
(All of my responses are the ones ending in exclamation points because I get easily excited.)

...the conversation turned into my blanketing the state of Colorado with my resume (can we say 105 emails and resumes later??) and ended with interviews and an amazing job offer from a great company.

If you would have told me last year that this is where we would be, I probably would have laughed at you. When we began the Colorado discussion, I was in a comfortable job with a company I loved working for. I was totally torn between the location of my dreams and staying comfortably put close to family and friends.

After praying and praying and praying and praying for confirmation.. it came in the form of a pink slip from my comfortable job. God knows that subtle hints don't really work with me- awesome.

I know no one reads this, but it's nice to have a record of where my life has gone.. so I will try to keep writing :) I have to run to bed.. more later!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you posted this! If you handnt I would have written you a wall post hoping you would type all of that out!

I'm disappointed I won't get to meet your husband before you are gone :(