Thursday, December 10, 2009

And we're off!...


well folks,

3 months of preparation and 2 hours of sleep later- we are on our way to Colorado. Both Dads volunteered to make the 27 hour drive with us so that we didn't have to drive two cars on our own. We have the best parents!

Secretly I am most thankful they are coming because I am so not ready to say goodbye yet :) I can only handle so many goodbyes in one day.. it's nice to stagger them a bit.

We left at 7am this morning and are now in Kentucky.. which means only 20 more hours left in the car! crazy. What's even more amazing is the fact that I am blogging this from the road thanks to my super tech savvy pops. Can't believe this is really happening- I keep thinking we're just going on vacation, despite the fact that we have a 5x8 trailer worth of our belongings attached to the back of the car.

A lot of people have asked for more details about how we got to this place because it all seemed so sudden.. so I will be filling everyone in over the next few posts. I covered it pretty broadly in one of my last posts, but there are so many things God did to get us here, it will take me awhile! for now, I just have to say that God is awesome! His plans are always so much better than limited dreams.

For now, I leave you this picture of one of the many random sphinx statues i've seen driving through the state of Kentucky. Anyone know the story behind these??

1 comment:

Sophia Victoria said...

Meryl, I am so glad you're blogging again. Blogging changed our lives. I need to get back on it. haha.