Thursday, December 10, 2009

Endless roads...



25 hours. wow. wow. wow.

Over the last two days, we have driven over 25 hours and we are still going. I can now say that I have visited gas stations in Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri and Kansas. Awesome.

Yesterday, our night ended at midnight as we pulled into the hotel in St. Louis... Josh's car barely making it! as you can see to the left, we pretty much packed it to the
max (yes, those are duct tape wrapped box springs on top of our trailer... do what you gotta do.)

His car decided to punish us for embarrassing it with the box springs and started shaking as soon as we hit the city. Thankfully, our hotel was pretty close by and we were able to make it there without having to call AAA. Thank you, Jesus!


Luckily, my hubby and two dads are mechanical geniuses and fixed the problem the next morning. The girls (me+kinny) stayed back and had a photo shoot. This photo took 14 tries and trust me, this was the best one. I wanted to document her first night in a hotel but she was having a temper tantrum- bummer! she's so spoiled.

Other excited events of the day included Josh's car running out of gas in Kansas and the door to my gas tank mysteriously locking shut so that we couldn't get gas. Do you know that in some parts of Kansas, gas stations are 50 miles apart? we did not.

Overall, the trip has been great... you have to keep things interesting! we are about to stop for the night right outside of Colorado and plan on driving the remaining 3 hours in the morning.. where I will see our apartment for the first time, ever. (ahhhh!)

My dad is currently singing 80's hair band music and I am going to join him.. until tomorrow :)







No comments: