Thursday, January 22, 2009

pushed to the limit.

I consider myself a pretty optimistic person.  In fact, pretty optimistic might be an understatement.  Have you ever met someone who occasionally makes you want to throw up because of their sunshine and rainbows approach to life?… hehe, there is a teeny tiny possibility I could be one of those people… :).

There have been very few times in my life where things got so bad, so confusing, that I really struggled to find the light at the end of the tunnel…and I think it’s officially safe to say that this is one of those times. 

I’m pretty sure I’ve thought to myself: “well, at least it can’t get any worse than this” about 10 times in the last 6 months…and guess what? it definitely got worse. 

Now, brace yourself, because I am about to bring out my eternal optimism here.  I am slowly realizing that the light at the end of the tunnel is that I don’t have to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Ok, I promise this makes sense. 

I’m going to break out the Holy Book to explain myself here:

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
       and lean not on your own understanding;  in all your ways         acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.                 Psalms 3:5-6

Can I just tell you what a relief it is to not have to lean on my own, narrow minded understanding of things? oh my goodness gracious.  Not only that, but God has promised us:

…I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future Jeremiah 29:11.

The truth in God’s promise does not depend on our ability to be optimistic or to understand how our current situation is working for our good.  His promises stand true and faithful on their own.

I do believe I am going to work on transitioning from a having a sunshine and rainbows outlook, to having more of a faith in God’s goodness kind of approach :)

No comments: